If you are like me, every day you are deluged with political emails of every shape and kind. Eve Ensler on polar bears … pics of Palin covered in dead animals … Obama dressed as a terrorist … it is all out there floating around. This particular one struck a chord with me, possibly because it seemed to include some factual information, as well as pointing out a double standard going on.
If you want NON PARTISAN information on the issues, go to www.procon.org — it gives you point by point, issue by issue, answers that have been officially given by all candidates for president.
And if you want a reason to vote for Obama, read on. I have no idea who first wrote this, but it is entertaining.
“I’m a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight….
*If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you’re ‘exotic, different.’
*Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you’re a quintessential American story.
* Graduate from Harvard Law School and you are unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you’re well-grounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor at the University of Chicago, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become Chairman of the Illinois state senate’s Health and Human Services Committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 136 bills, creating legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel, and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment andPublic Works and Veteran’s Affairs committees – you don’t have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you’re qualified to become the country’s second highest ranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you’re not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you’re a good Christian.
* If you teach age appropriate sex education, including the how to teach kids to identify and resist sexual predators and the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence-only with no other option in sex education in your state’s school system, while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant – you’re very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family’s values don’t represent America’s.
* If your husband is nicknamed ‘First Dude’, with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn’t register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
OK, much clearer now.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.