“Queer. Futures. Past: I’m a Ghost and So Are You” is a multimedia ritual performance and installation. An offering to the LGBTQ+ community of Baltimore City to collectively explore notions of queer lineage by summoning spirits of the past to build a brighter queer future.
“Queer Futures Past: I am Ghost and So Are You” examines personal and inherited queer erasure. Rae Red, Cliff Doby, Skye Fort, nine guest performers and two visual artists (listed below), playfully address their secret, ignored, and partially imagined queer lineage through a month-long installation at Current Space. Using a playful adaptation of spirit photography and sceances of the 1840s as the visual landscape of the piece, Queer Futures Past crafts a non-linear narrative experience combining personal, familial, and cultural histories, summoning spirits, and examining notions of harm and healing.
Kayden Amore Chloe and Egypt Chloe
Curated by: Rae Red
Tech and Stage Manager: Shayden Jamison
Performances start at 7:30, doors at 6:30.
– Fri, 10/21: Opening Reception & Performance
– Thurs, 10/27: with guest artist Jamaal Amir
– Sun, 10/30: Halloween Weekend Show with guest drag artists DJ AAVE, Numi Von, and Washington Heights
– Mon, 10/31: Halloween Weekend Show with guest drag artists Kayden Amore Chloe and Egypt Chloe
– Fri, 11/4: with guest artist Liz Downing
– Sat, 11/5: with guest artist Alex D’Agostino
– Fri,11/11: with guest artist Rahne Alexander
– Sat, 11/12: Closing Reception with guest artist Theresa Columbus
Tickets: Suggested donation of $7-20. A limited number of free tickets are available for each performance for those who need them.
The installation is also on view without admission during public events, and during garden bar hours.Learn More