Artists U/Baltimore is now in its third year.
We want to change the working conditions of artists. And we think the best way to do that is to come together.
We are offering a free intensive workshop November 14-15. We offer principles and tools for building a sustainable artistic life. And, most powerfully, we come together as artists.
The Baltimore cultural scene is impressive and growing. I believe it can be a magnificent national model if we as artists:
1) get beyond our small circles and connect with the full range of Baltimore artists
2) manage our sh*t so we aren’t broke and exhausted all the time
3) stay in touch with the deep purpose and questions of our art practice
4) claim our power at the center of the cultural sector
If that sounds useful to you, sign yourself up: http://www.artistsu.org/baltimore
Friday, November 14, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Saturday, November 15, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
2601 N. Howard St.
Baltimore MD 21218
Artists U/Baltimore is a program of the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance. Support for Artists U/Baltimore comes from The Robert W. Deutsch Foundation, The William G. Baker, Jr. Memorial Fund, creator of the Baker Artist Awards www.BakerArtistAwards.org, The Surdna Foundation, The William Penn Foundation, and The Wyncote Foundation, and Leveraging Investments in Creativity.
* This post comes directly from Artist U, with support from BmoreArt.